Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Neighbouring Island



DID YOU KNOW THAT my last post was my 100th post? I didn't! I just found out! Amazing stuff. Although, I should've had the 100th post a long time ago when I keep telling myself that I'd update this site regularly - but alas, family and work take priorities. Nevertheless, I have a bunch of stuff I want to share and a lot of things I want to say, though the time for that will take awhile but I have uploaded a new album containing photos from my Kuraman trip.

Kuraman is a Malaysian island which is part of Labuan. Apparently, Malaysia signed an agreement to allow Bruneians to stop by without using a passport. Don't quote me, that's just what I heard. But whatever the reason is, it is a God send that we could go there since so far, I know nothing like that in Brunei.

We paid 65 bucks for the trip, gathering at The Empire Hotel first and taken on a 30-45min speedboat trip to Kuraman island from the hotel's man-made beach. We experienced a bit of a bouncy ride on the way but those who had experienced it before said that it wasn't always the case. But still, for those who get seasick easily, I wouldn't advise you to go for the trip.

What did we get to do? We got to snorkel, a short jungle trekking, fished, barbequed lunch (fantastic lamb by the way), viewed the local village (yes, the island has its own locals but tiny population) and got on a flying fish ride when we got back.

What do you get on the island? Great beach. Fabulous water. Small but amazing island with one hell of a long spit. And the island has its own challets - though in small amount. Anyway, I will let my photos talk now. Hope you like them.


The beach


Arriving


Viewable Labuan from Kuraman


Snorkeling


Holding on to a safety rope


The green water


Swimming far


Hitting the water


Starfish


Flying Fish


Relaxing

More photos in the album below.

Kuraman Island Trip

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to the island for sure. Love the sky, sea and the sand. Thanks for a great post.

Mr Syaf said...

make sure you take lots of photos and post them!