Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Playing With Silhouette



I'M BACK FROM VACATION and it wasn't pretty. JuLeZz and I had one hell of an argument with the hotel staff at one of the places we stayed, though otherwise everything else was fun. Looking forward to our next trip at the end of the year.

While we were out of the country, I got a text from my aunt, asking me to be the photographer for her husband's 40th birthday celebration, held straight after we got back. It was a 60s themed party and, since we just got back, it wasn't easy to try and get ready for the theme - let alone prepare myself for the photography (speaking of which, I need to remind myself to send my DSLR for servicing).

All the rushing aside, we did enjoy ourselves at the party - especially towards the end. The photos above were taken during the final hour of the celebration. I didn't have the right lens that night so I had to boost the ISO up in order to get the silhouette effect. Admittedly, I'm not so happy with the final results but it was good fun taking the shots nonetheless.

The photo in the middle (of JuLeZz and me) was taken by my sister, Syamimi, after a brief explanation on how to do it. I trust her eye when it comes to taking photos for me. I hope she goes the DSLR way though - she's got potential.

Happy 40th birthday to my uncle!